The Juanita Grant Music Endowment Fund is pleased to announce that we will present a music scholarship in the amount of $500.00 to a talented, up and coming musician in the Hampton Roads area at our November 1, 2012 event at the ”Ella Fitzgerald Theatre” in the Downing-Gross Cultural Art Center.
The selected student is required to perform live at this event and must meet the following requirements:
- Must be enrolled in a music program in a college, university or technical school
- Must be sponsored by a music educator by letter of reference
- Must be sponsored by an active musician in the community by letter of reference
- Must have a GPA of 2.5 or greater
- Must provide a live sample of music before October 22, 2012 (applicants will be contacted for an appointment time)
- All applicants must be prepared to perform live for 1 or 2 selections on the event day of November 1, 2012 in case selected for the scholarship.
If you meet the requirements and would like to apply for a scholarship, please follow the instructions below:
Please complete the application below and send an email to email@example.com with the subject line: “Application for Scholarship for [Insert Name Here]“
The email must contain the following attachments:
- Letter of reference from a music educator
- Letter of reference from an active musician
- Proof of GPA
Important: All applications must be submitted along with email containing all necessary attachments no later than October 22, 2012.
Reminder: The chosen applicant will be selected on October 28, 2012. All applicants applying must be prepared to give a live sample of their talent before October 22, 2012 and must be prepared to provide 1 or 2 selections at the November 1, 2012 event at the “Ella Fitzgerald Theatre” in the Downing-Gross Cultural Art Center, if selected for the scholarship.